Teriyaki Chicken. 2 Serves
- Chicken 1 big piece of breast or thigh.
- Salt and pepper 1 or 2 pinch.
- Sake 4 Tbsp.
- Water 2 Tbsp.
- Mirin 2 tbsp.
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- In a small bowl , combine all ingredients of sauce.
- Generously season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Slightly cut the skin so that it doesn’t shrink and well seeping sauce.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to the pan , working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan without oil. And cook until it turn golden brown skin. Then cook more for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sauce and cook
- Once it’s scalded , cover and reduce the heat to low. Let it cook more for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In 4-5 minutes , cut and spoon the sauce over.
Substitute for chicken could be :
- Fish yellowtail
- Meat ball