This rocket salad had its effect when you have guests because it is delicious and has a look “restaurant” . The flavors are pure and Italian . Use good ingredients to give its full potential in this salad . Take the beautiful green and crisp arugula . Ask your grocer to cut the pancetta into thin slices to get a good crunch to cooking. You can accompany the beautiful slices of toast salad. You can add small sun-dried tomatoes and finish with some Parmesan cheese
Ingredients for 6 persons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled but left whole, then cut into 1cm thick round slices
- 3 peppers, red, yellow and green, deseeded and cut into chunky long wedges (2 cm)
- 2 small courgettes,
- 3 small aubergines
- 150 gr roquet salad
- 6 slices of Parma Ham or 150 gr thin sliced bacon
- 6 Tbs pine nuts (alternatively sunflower kernels)
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- pinch of sugar
- small pack flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 225°. Toss onion and bell peppers in a large bowl with 3 tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Roast vegetables until tender and golden, about 40 minutes, turning over halfway through baking time. About 10 minutes before they’re done, sprinkle walnuts on baking sheet with vegetables and toast until golden.
3.Cut aubergine and courgette in thin slices of 2 mm and fry them in a large pan until golden brown. Put on paper towel to remove excess oil.
4. Fry the thin sliced bacon in a pan and put on paper towel.
5. Fry the nuts (or kernels) lightbrown in a pan and put on paper towel.
6. Cut thin chips of a parmesan bloc
7. Mix all vegetables in a large bowl : roquet salad, aubergines, courgette, bell peppers, onions and add bacon and nuts.
8. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp of wine vinegar, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper.
9. Toss greens in a large bowl with one-quarter of dressing; divide among plates. Let vegetables cool about 5 minutes, then transfer to the large bowl. Toss with walnuts and about two-thirds of remaining dressing; spoon over greens. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.