This is a secret recipe of Vientian kitchen “Kaiyang( BBQ chicken )” Here are ingredients and methods….
- Wash fresh chicken thoroughly, chop into a large piece so it will be easy to ferment.
- Grind all the prepared ingredients together.
- Mix ingredients and chicken together with the seasoning.
- Put in refrigerator for 5-8 hours , so that the seasoning absorb well into chicken meat. If you have not enough time, you can leave it for only 1 hour, however, the taste might not be delicious.
- Grill for about 45 minutes and observe if chicken turn yellowish and that skin become crispy.
- Serve with Jaew sauce
Jaew sauce for grilled chicken
- 2 tbsp. ground dried chillies
- 3 tbsp. tamarind juice
- 3 tbsp. toasted rice powder
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. palm sugar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 shredded coriander
- 1 shredded spring onion
- Mix palm sugar, sugar and fish sauce together.
- Add the rest ingredients and season the flavor as you like. (should be sour, spicy and a bit salty)
- Spread the shredded coriander and shredded spring onion.