Cottage cheese and Peas curry (for 2-3 people)
2 onions (medium sized)
3 tomatoes (medium)
Cottage cheese 200 grams (cut in cubes)
Peas ½ cup
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 3 cloves
Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
Red chili powder 1 tea spoon
Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
1 table spoon of cashew nut powder mixed with little bit water to make a thin paste.
1. Grind the onion, ginger, garlic together in a mixer.
2. Grind the tomatoes to make a paste.
3. Heat oil in thick bottomed pan
4. Sauté the onion, ginger, garlic paste
5. When it is light brown in color then add tomatoes, and dry spices
6. Stir few minutes and add peas and cottage cheese, mix well
7. Let it simmer for 7- 8 minutes; add 3/4 cup water if the gravy seems too thick.
8. Cover and boil for 5 minutes till peas as soft and well cooked.
9. Add cashew paste and cook further for 1- 2 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
11. Serve with rice or roti